I recieved my copy of Flirting with Forty from Heather at Mama's Rant
today in the mail! I cant wait to read it. I'll let ya'll know how it turns out :) She also sent me a great ClubMom Sports Bottle too!
Have a good night ya'll.
1. How come Brat1 and Brat2 will take a nap (with NO problems) at school, but NOT at home?
2. How come some people think that just because it is our job to serve them (put them in a room at a very nice hotel, and BE very nice) that they can treat us like we are lower than pond scum?
3. How come it is so stressful to move from one home to another, even though they are less than 5 miles away from each other?
4. How can I get The Empress, Kukka-Maria's (paw)tograph?
5. How can I make Brat1 and Brat2 keep their new playroom and their new bedroom clean without fussing about it EVERY. SINGLE. DAY?
6. Why can't I have a new car?
7. Can I sneak away from home and take a vacation to visit Kailani in Hawaii, without my hubby and kids knowing? LOL *Needs vacation in BIG way*
8. How come cats and dogs and other animals can have SO. MANY. BABIES. at one time? (inspired by Kukka's post: "Class Action Suit, Sans Class" about illegitimate kittens)
9. Why can't I have special powers that will allow me to get EVERYTHING done by wiggling my nose? (ya know, like Samantha from Bewitched)
10. Is our world ever going to know Peace again?
11. Did Zeus go out with Core? LOL
12. What will I cook for supper tomorrow night? (Always thinking ahead when it comes to cooking, it just makes life a little easier) Any ideas anyone?
Okay, maybe I'm simple-minded, but these are some thoughts that have been running through my little brain lately LOL!
BTW, I'm looking for new recipes that are KID FRIENDLY, I want to feed the Brats some healthy stuff without letting them know that it's healthy. I have gotten ideas at Mama Ducks place, but, I would like some more :)
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)
Here's A Sam Original Poem About Memories :)
Michael Jackson's Thriller,
Garbage Pail Kids,
Going to the beach,
Wasn't it dandy?
Staying out really late,
Getting in trouble,
Making cars out of a milk crate!
Big Hair Bands,
New Kids on the Block,
Way back when...
Those memories ROCK!
Nothing special, just a few things that remind me of when I was a kid! I remember we used to play outside in the summertime until it was so dark we couldnt see ANYTHING! In our neighborhood, their were about 20 of us kids all right about the same age. We had our own little gang goin' on. But the only difference between now and then is, now gangs kill and love blood shed, they rape and plunder. Back then, we could roam the streets and our parents wouldnt worry in the least! It's amazing how much things have changed since I was little! I wouldnt let my kids roam ANY streets, alone OR with a group. Sheesh, their is so much crime today that I dont venture out alone and I'm a grownup! *singing* Mommy WOW! I'm a big kid nowwwww....
Once Upon a Time.....
(courtesy of Nancy Kendall)
(borrowed from NIEH Kids' Pages)
Even if you have outgrown bedtime stories, you may still be able to identify the following quotes from classic children's books. Type your answers in the comment area, and then check your answers tomorrow when I post them .
1. "I'm not very big. They use me only for switching trains in the yard. I have never been over the mountain."
2. "Help! Help! A Heffalump!"
3. Mrs. Darling put her hand to her heart and cried, "Oh, why can't you remain like this forever?"
4. The sun did not shine. It was too wet to play. So we sat in the house all that cold, cold, wet day.
5. "Now, my dears, you may go into the fields or down the lane, but don't go into Mr. McGregor's garden: your father had an accident there."
6. Lucy felt a little frightened, but she felt very inquisitive. She looked back over her shoulder and there, between the dark tree trunks, she could still see the open doorway of the wardrobe.
I thought this was cute :) Let's see how many of you grown ups can identify the children's stories that these come from....without cheating! LOL
So, who's up for the challenge? Anyone? Please help me... :)
|What Your Soul Really Looks Like|
You are a grounded person, but you also leave room for imagination and dreams. You feet may be on the ground, but you're head is in the clouds.
You believe that people see you for how you are, not how you look. But deep down, you know that's not exactly true.
Your near future is a lot like the present, and as far as you're concerned, that's a very good thing.
For you, love is all about caring and comfort. You couldn't fall in love with someone you didn't trust.
For todays memories, I'd just like to tell ya'll a little about me!
Links to other Monday Memories
(If you participate, leave your link in the comments and I'll post it below)
|Your Aura is Blue|
Spiritual and calm, you tend to live a quiet but enriching life.
You are very giving of yourself. And it's hard for you to let go of relationships.
The purpose of your life: showing love to other people
Famous blues include: Angelina Jolie, the Dali Lama, Oprah
Careers for you to try: Psychic, Peace Corps Volunteer, Counselor
Okay Ya'll, this is my very first time being tagged! Imagine my face when I was reading Kailani's latest post and saw my name LOL! I was like, "woohoo" so here it goes...
My Life Meme
I'm not sure if you're familiar with the American Express My Life, My Card campaign. I've always liked reading the celebrity's answers to these questions and thought I'd give it a try. Here goes . . .
childhood ambition . . .I always wanted to be a "baby" DR aka A Pediatrician
fondest memory... the very first time I held both of my girls in my arms :)
soundtrack . . . hehe O Brother WhereArt Thou?
retreat . . . my Grandma's house, no matter if I'm having the very worst day in the world, she can ALWAYS make me feel better!
wildest dream . . . uh ok...thats between me and Vin Deisel *hehe* shhhh...
proudest moment . . . thats a toss up between the first time I held both of my girls and the first time they said "mama", wich they BOTH said before they said "dada" HAHA hehe
biggest challenge . . . I have to agree with Kailani and say that being a mommy is the biggest challenge I've ever come up against!
alarm clock . . . well...if I'm bad and try to catch a nap at work (since I work 11 p.m til 7 a.m), I use my cell phone alarm, if I'm at home you can bet on brat1 and brat2 waking me up before the rooster crows LOL
perfect day . . . again, I'm stealing Kailani's answer, no whining, no crying, no scolding. (Kailani...it's never going to happen in MY house, how bout yours?) hehe
first job . . . cashier at our local IGA Grocery Store.
indulgence . . . chocolate covered cherries...mmmmmm.
last purchase . . . LOL a scratch-off lottery ticket! And dangit, I won $20!!
favorite movie . . . It's a tie between Dirty Dancing and Grease.
inspiration . . . Brat1, Brat2, My Grandma, and My Husband.
biggest regret . . . not going to college after I graduated High School.
rather be . . . In Hawaii, visiting Kailani WOOHOO!!
looking forward to . . . (and regretting as well) Brats 1 and 2 starting headstart on August 10.
irrational fear . . . Making someone mad at me, or hurting someone's feelings. I can't stand it when someone is upset at/because of me.
3 people i'd invite to dinner . . . Vin Deisel (Bald is SEXXXXYYYY!! LOL), John Michael Montgomery, and My Great Grandpa (Grandma's dad) that I never met.
My life is about . . . Being a mommy and enjoying my family as well as hard work and dedication, and being happy!
I'd also like to bring ya'll up to date on my house (renting) hunting situation...We found a house!! 4 bedroom (older house) 2 bathrooms, full basement, huge yard, yada yada. Okay, now are you ready for the best part? I couldnt believe this, and you guys probably wont either...it's only $500/month!!! We have to pay our own utilities, which is fine, but can you believe that price? OMG we're paying WAY more than that for a trailer that is FALLING APART around us!! So, I'm excited, we get to start moving in on the 14th! Now the brats can have a bedroom AND a playroom, and we'll STILL have a guest room! WOOHOO WOO HOO HOO WOOHOO WOO HOO HOO ....hehehehe
brat2 and brat1 on the slip n slide
Ahhh....finally you get to meet Brat1 (Shelby, on the right, in all of the pics) and Brat2 (Shaleena, on the left, in all of the pics) These are my pride and joy...
These are not the best pictures in the world but I dont know hoe to edit and all that jazz right now, so when I learn I'll try to do better. Just thought you might enjoy meeting them :)
Elvis Aaron Presley
January 8, 1935 - August 16, 1977
1. Elvis Presley is the best selling solo artist In U.S. History
2. Elvis charted more songs on Billboard's Hot 100 than any other artist. (149)
3. Elvis spent more weeks at the top of the charts than any other artist. (80)
4. Elvis had the greatest number of consecutive #1 hits. (10)
5. Elvis is second only to the Beatles in total of #1 hits. (18)
FACTS 1-5 COURTESY OF http://www.fiftiesweb.com/elvis.htm
6. Elvis was born January 8, 1935 to Gladys & Vernon Presley, in Tupelo, Mississippi.
7. Elvis had A twin brother that was stillborn named Jesse Garon Presley.
8. Spouse: Priscilla Beaulieu whom he married at the Aladdin Hotel in Las Vegas on May 1, 1967 Children : Lisa Marie Presley born February 1, 1968
9. For Elvis's 11th. birthday his parents bought him his first guitar for $7.75. He had wanted a bicycle but the guitar was all they could afford.
10. Elvis Presley made only one television commercial, an ad for "Southern Maid Doughnuts" that ran in 1954.
11. Elvis Presley wore a cross, a Star of David and the Hebrew letter chai. He explained his jewelry habit with, "I don't want to miss out on heaven due to a technicality."
12. Sun Records Cafe in Memphis, TN is believed to be the only restaurant in the world in which grilled peanut butter and banana sandwiches, a favorite of Elvis Presley, are found on the menu.
13. Ya'll are CRAZY because ELVIS AINT DEAD!!! *not a fact, just samantha's opinion!*
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)