MoMmY nEeDsA mAi-tAi !!!

Live life to the fullest... Enjoy the love of your children... Love your spouse... Drink a mai-tai every now and then... Thats how things should be...





MONDAY MEMORIES

Okay, Blogger is being retarded, it's not letting me upload my header for "Monday Memories". So, I'll just go on with it anyways!

Way back when I was 2 yrs. old, my grandma bought me a stuffed gorilla at a thrift store. When she brought him home, I was elated! But, he had to have a name! I dubbed him George. I'm not sure if I named him that because of "Curious George" or what, but George he was! Let me tell ya'll that I never did anything or went anywhere without that monkey! When my nephew was 2, I was going to pass George down. I thought to myself, Arent I a little too old for this? Shouldnt I pass it down and let someone else enjoy him? Well, I tried. Oh Lord I tried. But I just couldnt do it. I chickened out LOL I've had George for 23 years now, and he uses my dresser in my bedroom as his throne. Many times my husband has teased me about George...many times my kids have asked to play with George...I'm sorry family, he's mine and YOU CANT HAVE HIM! (hehe how childish was THAT?) He still has his original ballerina t'shirt and maroon colored underwear on that he came in...He now has bandaids on the back of his poor head where I fixed "booboo's" . He slumps these days, he doesnt have good posture anymore. He used to stand about 3 ft. tall, now he doesnt do anything but sit on his throne and keep vigil over me at night. Maybe someday I'll pass him down...or maybe not.


Do any of YA'LL have a childhood toy or keepsake that you just cant make yourself give up???
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

At 8/01/2006 01:23:00 AM, Blogger Dave said...

Howdoo

Wendy the White Witch of Narnia recommended to donuts at your establishment.

Ever seen a flying monkey?    



At 8/01/2006 02:27:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Blogger has been being dumb for me too today.

Wendi Directed me here :D    



At 8/01/2006 10:46:00 PM, Blogger Mama Duck said...

Awwww, I have a big stuffed Eeyore, he lives in Lil' Duck's room now but he's still mine.... back from Wendy ;)    



» Post a Comment