MoMmY nEeDsA mAi-tAi !!!

Live life to the fullest... Enjoy the love of your children... Love your spouse... Drink a mai-tai every now and then... Thats how things should be...





This is my 6th T13!
T13 header graphic courtesy of Pheonix
13 THINGS ABOUT
THE KING
ELVIS PRESLEY

Elvis Aaron Presley

January 8, 1935 - August 16, 1977



1. Elvis Presley is the best selling solo artist In U.S. History

2. Elvis charted more songs on Billboard's Hot 100 than any other artist. (149)

3. Elvis spent more weeks at the top of the charts than any other artist. (80)

4. Elvis had the greatest number of consecutive #1 hits. (10)

5. Elvis is second only to the Beatles in total of #1 hits. (18)

FACTS 1-5 COURTESY OF http://www.fiftiesweb.com/elvis.htm

6. Elvis was born January 8, 1935 to Gladys & Vernon Presley, in Tupelo, Mississippi.

7. Elvis had A twin brother that was stillborn named Jesse Garon Presley.

8. Spouse: Priscilla Beaulieu whom he married at the Aladdin Hotel in Las Vegas on May 1, 1967 Children : Lisa Marie Presley born February 1, 1968

9. For Elvis's 11th. birthday his parents bought him his first guitar for $7.75. He had wanted a bicycle but the guitar was all they could afford.

10. Elvis Presley made only one television commercial, an ad for "Southern Maid Doughnuts" that ran in 1954.

11. Elvis Presley wore a cross, a Star of David and the Hebrew letter chai. He explained his jewelry habit with, "I don't want to miss out on heaven due to a technicality."

12. Sun Records Cafe in Memphis, TN is believed to be the only restaurant in the world in which grilled peanut butter and banana sandwiches, a favorite of Elvis Presley, are found on the menu.

13. Ya'll are CRAZY because ELVIS AINT DEAD!!! *not a fact, just samantha's opinion!*

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!







« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

At 8/03/2006 05:39:00 AM, Blogger *~*Michelle*~* said...

And yesterday CNN reported that his childhood teddy was shredded by an angry dog!

My Thursday Thirteen is up!

Happy Thursday!    



At 8/03/2006 05:54:00 AM, Blogger Tink said...

I love Elvis and my hubby is a big fan. Robbie Williams wrote a song in his honour (Advertising Space). Do you know it? I really love it; it's a special tribute.    



At 8/03/2006 05:59:00 AM, Blogger Samantha said...

Hmm...I'm not sure that I've heard it, but I'll try to check it out!    



At 8/03/2006 07:31:00 AM, Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

WOW those are cool.. My Dad is a big Elvis fan and I have to confess.. it's just NOT Christmas without Blue Christmas playing in the background... The older I get, the more I love him too!

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such nice comments :)

Cheers!

Julie    



At 8/03/2006 07:31:00 AM, Blogger Zeus said...

Sings, "I'm just a hunk-a, hunk-a burnin' love!"

Very cool list, Samantha! I never knew Elvis had a twin brother. You learn something everyday!

My TT is also up now! Happy Thursday!    



At 8/03/2006 10:32:00 AM, Blogger Heather/SHTEZQ said...

well here is something else we ahve in common my BFF's name is lisa LOL! glad you came by my blog and I will be back to you have a great day.    



At 8/03/2006 10:57:00 AM, Blogger Mama Duck said...

LOL well, I learned a lot about Elvis this morning! Thanks for visiting me ;).    



At 8/03/2006 07:10:00 PM, Blogger WendyWings said...

Winners are up ,sorry for the delay.    



At 8/03/2006 08:15:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats and thanks for the Elvis info :) Us true Southerners know Elvis isn't dead... I saw him at Wal-Mart last week ;)    



At 8/04/2006 06:29:00 AM, Blogger Raggedy said...

Good list!
Thanks for the visit at my place.    



» Post a Comment