MoMmY nEeDsA mAi-tAi !!!

Live life to the fullest... Enjoy the love of your children... Love your spouse... Drink a mai-tai every now and then... Thats how things should be...





am i alone?

I came into work last night with every intention of putting up a new post. I logged onto blogger, and I sat here staring at a blank screen. I had no idea what to write about. So I wonder, am I that boring? Is my life that uneventful? Or am I just to silly to see the great things that are happening around me and not sharing them?
I was laying in bed this morning, after work, after I dropped the Brats off at school and the phone rings. It's Brat1 and 2's teacher. Brat1 decided she didnt want to be at school today and insisted they call her mommy. I was about to tell the teacher that I'd be right there, but instead I asked if I could talk to Brat1. So, she gets on the phone. I asked her what was the matter? She said, I miss you mommy. I about cried. I talked to her for a minute, and I asked her if she would be okay staying in school with her sissy, and she said yes. I felt so bad though. With me working at night and them being in school all morning and afternoon, that doesnt leave us very much mommy/brat time. By the time they come home in the afternoon, have snack and play for a couple hours, eat supper, and take a bath, it's time for them to go to bed. They wake up in the mornings, and mommy isnt there, although they know I will be there within a few minutes (from work). I dont know, I think about quitting my job somedays. It's not like I HAVE to work. We could make it on what hubby brings home. Which, dont get me wrong, he doesnt make BIG money, but still, we could make it. But then, I get to thinking that if I quit, that would take away the EXTRA money that I bring home. So how do I come to a happy medium? Sheesh. If I work during the day, I could only work from about 8:30 a.m until about 2:30 p.m. There aren't many places around here that I could work those hours. Most places (especially during the day) wont hire you unless you can work fulltime. Night jobs are the easiest to find. So, I'm stuck choosing between spending a little more time with my girls, and spending that extra money (that mostly benefits my girls).
Okay, I know this post is whiny, and I'm sorry. I try not to have too many whiny, crybaby days LOL Today just happened to be one of those days.
I hope you are all having a wonderful night :)
*hugs*
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

At 8/29/2006 01:06:00 AM, Blogger Mom O Matic said...

Ok crazy lady, why are you stressing about writing in your blog? Write about your toe lint. It's all good!    



At 8/29/2006 01:45:00 AM, Blogger Samantha said...

lmao@toe lint *checking toes* I cant write about it tonight, because I dont have any hehehehe    



At 8/29/2006 08:17:00 AM, Blogger Kelly Curtis said...

Those are big decisions, aren't they? You'll figure things out and make the right choice. Or the perfect opportunity will make itself apparent.

Oh, and lotta - too funny about the toe lint;)    



At 8/29/2006 11:38:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, damn, blogger is "finally" working. Some of your decisions reminded me that my wife (of 51 years) recently went back to work part time (to help pay the ever increasing costs of hospitalizaton care) and got a job in our neighborhood grocery store "deli." You said you would consider a different job so you could have more time with your children. You might try the local grocery stores as a source of income or "extra money." Part time here gets about $7.50 an hour an $8.00 on Sundays. It isn't much but it works for her/us.

By the way, Samantha, thank you for stopping at my WordPress Blog. I just started it. I have a neat website at http://www.oldmanlincoln.com/ where I spend a lot of my time (I will be 72).

Thanks again.    



At 8/29/2006 10:48:00 PM, Blogger Samantha said...

Thanks you guys for stopping by :) It's so special to me when people say nice things! *hugs to all*    



At 9/03/2006 08:09:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a really tough decision. For me, I decided to work part-time even though the extra money would be nice! I just didn't want to look back later and wish I had spent more time with my girls growing up. But then again, my situation is different because when I go to work, I'm gone for days.    



» Post a Comment