MoMmY nEeDsA mAi-tAi !!!

Live life to the fullest... Enjoy the love of your children... Love your spouse... Drink a mai-tai every now and then... Thats how things should be...





My Nephew Chad


Kelly, over at Pass The Torch has given us Pass the Torch Tuesday. If you've caught a child being good, smart, helpful, responsible, or just outright COOL, here's your chance to post about it! She's going to give out an award each week for the best post. Last week I won with my post "Mommy's Sick Day" and she gave me an awesome button to put in my sidebar! This week, I'm going to post again. I dont need to win to enjoy doing this, because I know a lot of cool kids that deserve recognition, and no people, I dont just mean brat1 and brat2 LOL! So anyhoo, go on over and leave a link, or comment, or both and check it out :)

I'd like to talk about my nephew Chad. He just has turned 7 years old. Chad was adopted by my grandparents when he was 2. He's a very intelligent child! However, he's had a rough summer, and I commend him for the way that he handled it. For starters, my grandmother (which would be his mommy now) was diagnosed with breast cancer on October 19, 2005. She's been through 4 months of chemotherapy, 35 radiation treatments, and most recently, a double masectomy (sp?). She and my granddad take care of Chad everyday. They are his parents. So, where does that put Chad while she was going through all this? Well, lets just say it put him through a lot of worry, anxiousness, and tears. My granddad was VERY busy taking care of Chad AND grandma. And yes, I helped too, but he wasnt willing and neither were my grandparents, for him to come live with me fulltime during this. Instead of spending his summer swimming, camping, and hanging out with friends, he opted to help take care of his mommy. He went to EVERY DR. visit with her, he "cooked" breakfast for her. (His idea of breakfast is a poptart or a bowl of cereal) He would not leave her side. He would call me on the phone and tell me when he thought that grandpa needed my help. (Much to Grandpas consternation, considering that my phone # is long distance LOL) When she had her surgery, he babied her, like he was the adult! Now, she's almost completely recovered and he has started back to school. He is a very sweet kid and probably wise beyond his years, and we love him very much :) He's my punkin' butt and I'm so very glad that his worrys and fears have been appeased now that my grandmother is cancer-free.


« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

At 8/15/2006 03:59:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an amazing child! Not many at all would be so responsible like that. Not many adults either!

Glad to hear that your Grandma is doing better! Maybe it's because of all the love and support she got!    



At 8/15/2006 06:28:00 AM, Blogger Bobkat said...

Very glad that your Grandma is better now. Chad sounds like a great child.    



At 8/15/2006 07:31:00 AM, Blogger Kelly Curtis said...

What an excellent story and beautiful contribution to Pass the Torch Tuesday! I'm so happy to see you back again this week!    



At 8/15/2006 08:02:00 AM, Blogger Zeus said...

I think this idea sounds amazing! I really will have to think of something to contribute one of these weeks. Your nephew definitely is growing up with the right kind of values to have such a caring heart. It was a great story!    



At 8/15/2006 08:25:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an amazing kid. He is so wise beyond his years!    



At 8/15/2006 10:00:00 AM, Blogger Andrew McAllister said...

He sounds like a great kid, and I bet he'll grow up to be a great adult too!

To Love, Honor and Dismay    



At 8/16/2006 01:10:00 AM, Blogger WendyWings said...

Chad sounds like a truely amazing child. What a little blessing for those around him.    



At 8/16/2006 10:46:00 PM, Blogger Kelly Curtis said...

I've decided to give all participants the Pass the Torch Award this week. I'm finding it very difficult to choose a winner because the stories are so excellent!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!    



» Post a Comment