Once Upon A Time...
Once Upon a Time.....
(courtesy of Nancy Kendall)
(borrowed from NIEH Kids' Pages)
Even if you have outgrown bedtime stories, you may still be able to identify the following quotes from classic children's books. Type your answers in the comment area, and then check your answers tomorrow when I post them .
1. "I'm not very big. They use me only for switching trains in the yard. I have never been over the mountain."
2. "Help! Help! A Heffalump!"
3. Mrs. Darling put her hand to her heart and cried, "Oh, why can't you remain like this forever?"
4. The sun did not shine. It was too wet to play. So we sat in the house all that cold, cold, wet day.
5. "Now, my dears, you may go into the fields or down the lane, but don't go into Mr. McGregor's garden: your father had an accident there."
6. Lucy felt a little frightened, but she felt very inquisitive. She looked back over her shoulder and there, between the dark tree trunks, she could still see the open doorway of the wardrobe.
I thought this was cute :) Let's see how many of you grown ups can identify the children's stories that these come from....without cheating! LOL