MoMmY nEeDsA mAi-tAi !!!

Live life to the fullest... Enjoy the love of your children... Love your spouse... Drink a mai-tai every now and then... Thats how things should be...





THURSDAY THIRTEEN #7


THIRTEEN QUOTES THAT MAKE ME SMILE
1. I Love You Always, Ever, and Much Mommy
-Brat1 and Brat2
This is what we say to each other everyday!
2. Be happy while you're living, for you're a long time dead.
- Scottish Proverb
3. Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. Itmeans you have decided to look beyond the imperfections.
- Unknown
4. This is my commandment, that ye love one another.
~ Jesus, In John 15:12
5. Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not; a sense of humor to console him for what he is.
-Francis Bacon
6. A sense of humor is a major defense against minor troubles.
-Mignon McLaughlin
7. If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z, X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut.
-Albert Einstein
8. Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.
-Mark Twain
9.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.
-Groucho Marx
10.
Every generation laughs at the old fashions, but follows religiously the new.
-Henry David Thoreau
11. I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work.
-Thomas Edison
12. Don't say you don't have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.
-H. Jackson Brown
13. Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow; Don't walk behind me, I may not lead; Walk beside me, and just be my friend.
~ Albert Camus
And as a bonus...just because I liked it...
The best time to make friends is before you need them.
~ Ethel Barrymore
Link to other Thursday Thirteens!1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!






« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

At 8/09/2006 03:00:00 PM, Blogger Debby said...

Love your picture. Looks like my old cat Sebastian. I'll have to show it to my kitties!    



At 8/09/2006 07:36:00 PM, Blogger Zeus said...

Those quotes were all very good, and some of them I hadn't known. I noticed you chose several that talked about sense of humor. I can only assume you find a sense of humor to be a good aspect to someone's personality, and I couldn't agree more.

If you can't laugh at yourself and the world around you, you lead a very sad life indeed.

So sayeth the Zeus!    



At 8/09/2006 07:42:00 PM, Blogger *~*Michelle*~* said...

Oh I love quotes! I had never heard some of them before -- very nice!    



At 8/10/2006 01:58:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love quotes! Some I have heard, some I use, and thank you for some new ones!

Happy TT!    



At 8/10/2006 06:18:00 AM, Blogger Bobkat said...

Hi, hope you enjoyed your time off work! Great quotes. One of my favourites is "Make my day" for those 'woman on the edge' moments we all have! :0) Another is simply "Be still". It's amazing what you can miss rushing around in the daily hustle and bustle of life.    



At 8/10/2006 09:57:00 AM, Blogger Kukka-Maria said...

I love the quotes and this whole Thursday 13 thing...I have my first up today!

One of my favorite quotes is another Mark Twain one:

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great ones make you feel that you, too, can become great."    



At 8/10/2006 08:03:00 PM, Blogger Samantha said...

Hi ya'll, just stopped in to check on stuff, going home now...my girls did GREAT on their first day of headstart!!!    



At 8/10/2006 10:40:00 PM, Blogger Tonya said...

Those were some great quotes.

Hope you enjoyed your time off!    



» Post a Comment