MoMmY nEeDsA mAi-tAi !!!

Live life to the fullest... Enjoy the love of your children... Love your spouse... Drink a mai-tai every now and then... Thats how things should be...





monday memories

We've had this new local radio station (97.1 f.m. "The River") since the beginning of the year. All it plays is classic rock. So, this Monday Memory is about songs I remember from childhood, inspired by this radio station (some of the songs I'll mention are NOT classic rock though). Maybe you all remember them too? Oh, and I'm not sure that I have all the titles absolutely correct, so if I make a mistake and you catch it, let me know :)

  • Sundown (Gordon Lightfoot)
  • Hurts so good (John Cougar Mellencamp)
  • Kiss an Angel Good Morning (Charlie Pride)
  • Thriller (Michael Jackson)
  • Whip It (Devo)
  • My Angel is a Centerfold (J. Guiles Band)
  • Really Love Your Peaches, Wanna Shake Your Tree (Steve Miller Band) (Cant think of the right title for that song)
  • Like a Virgin (Madonna)
  • Sweet Home Alabama (Lynyrd Skynyrd)
  • Dude Looks Like A Lady (Aerosmith)

Can any of ya'll think of some songs that you remember from growing up? I LOVE music, and it looks like my girls are going to be the same way. I like rock (classic rock, especially), country, SOME rap (but not much LOL), heck, there's even some folk music that I like, and even some heavy metal. I'm the one that you hear singing to herself when she thinks no one is listening LOL And usually it's an old song :)

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

At 11/20/2006 03:40:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Back in High School I used to be into Rock. I used to love Def Leppard, Aerosmith, AC/DC, Journey, Toto, etc. I should try and find all my old cassettes.    



At 11/20/2006 09:22:00 AM, Blogger Heather said...

I love all types of music, too. I was into rock a lot in HS, my Dad was from Oklahoma and listened to a lot of country and 50's/60's while Mom was more of a pop music fan (Rod the Bod and Bruce) and my Aunt loved the heavy stuff like AC/DC, KISS, STYX, Led Zepplin, etc. I must also admit that I love to sing, but I don't care who hears me. I was into theater for a long time, so I love show tunes and opera. I know, I'm a big geek for that one! LOL!
P.S. I think the Steve Miller Band song was called Gangster of Love. Not sure, though.    



» Post a Comment