MoMmY nEeDsA mAi-tAi !!!

Live life to the fullest... Enjoy the love of your children... Love your spouse... Drink a mai-tai every now and then... Thats how things should be...





Thanksgiving

At this point last year, I was pulling my hair out! I was expecting everyone at my home for Thanksgiving supper. It was my FIRST time putting on a big supper for EVERYone! I cleaned. Every room, top to bottom. I cooked. Turkey, ham, pies, salads, everything you can imagine. I was terrified that something would go wrong. I just knew that my turkey would burn, or that it would still be frozen in the center. I just couldnt stomach the thought of someone coming into my house and it not being perfect. What if my toilet wasnt sparkling? What if no one like my side dish choices? Good Grief, what was I going to do? It took my husband threatening to hide for the whole day if I didnt calm down. He said if they dont like it, they dont have to eat it. If they're not satisfied with how clean our home is, they know how to leave. But this was my family. Didnt they expect everything to be perfect? I think for a little while, I forgot what that special family gathering was all about. Not how good I cook, or how clean my house is. Not wether we have sweet potato pie or pecan. It was about thanks. I realize now that I should have been (and was) thankful for my family all being there. Thankful that we had food aplenty. Thankful that we could be together, because so many families were (and still are) seperated because one (or more) of them has been deployed to Iraq, or somewhere like that. Or because they had lost a loved one. How many of us stop to think about being thankful? This year, we lost my Mother in Law. This will be our first major family holiday without her, and it will be tough. But this year I realize I should be thankful that she is not suffering anymore. I realize that I should be thankful for the ones that ARE still here. So, if we all just sit back for a minute and look at the things we need to be giving thanks for...it will make this an even more special time with our families :) Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! Eat turkey, enjoy your family, and be thankful.

*note* Last years Thanksgiving turned out fine, by the way! Nothing got burned, no one complained, and my toilet wasnt too dirty for anyone LOL
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

At 11/18/2006 05:24:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree that sometimes we get so caught up in the preparations that we forget what Thanksgiving is all about.

I'm sure your MIL will still be joining your family for the Holidays even if you can't see her!    



At 11/18/2006 08:38:00 AM, Blogger Andie D. said...

Thank you for the reminder.

Really, it's so easy to forget that we have Thanksgiving to think about everything and everyone we are THANKFUL for. I know for myself I have a LOT to be thankful for.    



At 11/18/2006 09:07:00 AM, Blogger Mama Duck said...

*hugs* So much to be thankful for, indeed. Thanks for the reminder.    



At 11/18/2006 10:45:00 AM, Blogger Heather said...

Thanks for the virtual Mai Tai and for the things to keep in your frigde tip! LOL! I needed that! I think we're becoming fast friends. :O)    



» Post a Comment