MoMmY nEeDsA mAi-tAi !!!

Live life to the fullest... Enjoy the love of your children... Love your spouse... Drink a mai-tai every now and then... Thats how things should be...





venturing into unknown realms

I was sleeping today while the brats were in school. Nothing abnormal about that, because I work at night, I sleep in day. I'm just dreaming along when the phone rings with it's persistent, hateful, can't-get-it-to-stop, ring. I turn over, pick it up and groggily say "hello". Lo-and-behold it is the brats' teacher calling to tell me...it's a horrible, frustrating thing that no parent in her/his right mind wants to hear from their childs teacher... "We were doing our routine headlice check and we found a nit in Brat1's hair, so you need to come pick them both up. But dont worry, it's easy to take care of. And it's not because you or your children are dirty, no, lice like clean hair." EASY? WTH!! This is the first time we've had this experience, I've NEVER had to deal with this! And they're going to tell me it's easy?!? Oh yes, and of course they like clean hair. Maybe I should let my girls' hair get all yuck and greasy. Maybe then I wouldnt have to feel like I've invited a nasty little ugly critter to live in my kids' head. And the best part of the whole situation is, I have to take them to the health department first thing in the morning so they can be cleared to go back to school. The poor kids. I got them home and called my Grandma. I didnt know which product to use, I'd never done this before. She tells me to use mayonnaise. Hmm. Smelly, greasy, but obviously a cheaper solution than the products that are made for this problem. So I slather their heads in mayonnaise, which they think is just the most hilarious thing that has ever happened to them. I bathe them, wash their heads, and sit them down to check and pick. Well, it was a long drawn out process that took just about all day, but I do believe we have the situation rectified. So, keep your fingers crossed for me when I take them to the health department in the morning. Oh, and just to clarify this, although they didnt find anything in brat2's head, she got to go through it all too!

So, I dont know if anyone has ever posted about this problem before, but lets face it. When you have children in school, it's likely to happen at one point or another. I was embarassed, frustrated, and I'll admit...ashamed. I know I've always heard that lice gravitate towards clean hair, but all I could think about was...Why MY kids?
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

At 10/25/2006 12:46:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

It's okay. Everyone goes through it. Well, everyone in my country anyway. We're tropical, hence, the sweat, hence some stuff in children's head. But we do have the lice comb which makes it much easier to get rid of.

Just make sure that they always shampoo their hair when they get all sweaty. Lice loves to live in those places.

I wonder why it's mostly children though? Never met anyone who's a grown up to have them. Hehe.    



At 10/25/2006 01:01:00 AM, Blogger Samantha said...

I think I'd have a flippin' cow if I got them LOL!!    



At 10/25/2006 06:12:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We had a scare once but it turned out to be just a dry scalp. Thank goodness. It's such a pain to have to wash & sterilize EVERYTHING!!!

Good luck!    



» Post a Comment