MoMmY nEeDsA mAi-tAi !!!

Live life to the fullest... Enjoy the love of your children... Love your spouse... Drink a mai-tai every now and then... Thats how things should be...





just another crazy day

Today started off kind of crazy! For starters, I forgot that they didnt have school today because of it being Election Day. So, when I got home from work at 7:15 this morning, what did I do? I dressed them and I took them to school! Once we got there, it did not take me long to remember that there WAS.NO.SCHOOL. Uh huh, I felt pretty stupid! I was so tired. Ready for bed. I called my sister, and asked if the girls could come hangout with her and her babies so I could get a little sleep. She said yes, I said Thank God! Anyways, I took them to her, I went home, I passed out!

At 2:30 she brought them home. By that time, I had been awake, cleaned house, AND started my supper. Not to mention, caught up on some sleep :) The girls wanted to "do art" so, after thinking for a few minutes of what to do...here's what we came up with:
We went outside and collected some fallen leaves, we found some gorgeous ones! I got out my blank craft cards from my craft box, gave them some glue and crayons. They glued a leaf to the card and colored it with fall colors. I helped them write "Happy Thanksgiving" on each one. So, now we have beautiful cards to give to the family :) They love art; drawing and gluing...etc.. At school, they go to different "centers" of their choice. Shelby and Shaleena ALWAYS choose "Art" or "House" So, what does that mean? Are they going to grow up to be Artsy Housewives? LOL Do you ever wonder what your kids will become when they are adults? I mean career wise. Shelby tells me she wants to be a baby Doctor, and Shaleena says she's going to be a singing fireman... Hmm. So lets hear what your kids want to be!
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

At 11/08/2006 07:17:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fun day!

Deena wants to be a teacher or artist and Curt wants to be a principal or fishing guide.

Your page is doing something wonky - thie ticker tape is running over the top of your post (if that makes sense. I'm using Firefox, if that helps to figure it out.

Kelly    



At 11/08/2006 08:51:00 AM, Blogger Katherine said...

Hmm, no kids so I was trying to remember what I wanted to be growing up. And you know what, I can't. How sad is that? Did I not have any dreams?? Not sure. What did you want to be? When I was in college I wanted to write and was going to major in journalism. I let my parents talk me out of that and into the more "secure" Business Administration. Blah. I do regret that!    



At 11/08/2006 09:11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very creative art project!

My daughter is 2 and she is pretty much set on being a ballerina.    



At 11/09/2006 03:40:00 AM, Blogger Just T said...

Hi. Made my way to your blog from a link on Kate's blog (The Tate School).

Don't feel so bad, I did the same thing when my children started school again this term after a 2 week break. Dropped my daughter off at school no worries, but when I went to drop my son off at kindergarten, it became clear VERY FAST that no one was there haha

love your art idea for your girls. my kidlets love arts & crafts too!    



At 11/09/2006 03:41:00 AM, Blogger Just T said...

oops sorry, it was a link from April's blog. I need sleep and coffee or both haha    



At 11/14/2006 04:34:00 PM, Blogger Tonya said...

Let's see...Karate Kid said he wanted to be an attorney when I told him he should be one because he argues about EVERYTHING. It was actually the lawyer paycheck that convinced him.

Drama Queen wants to be a vet, an interior designer, a clothes designer or a swimsuit model. Once she told me that she wanted to open a vet clinic and be the one that sits in the rolling chair with her feet on the desk saying, "Hey! Get me a sandwich!" She says The Hubster is good at building things, so she's lining him up to build the clinic.    



» Post a Comment