MoMmY nEeDsA mAi-tAi !!!

Live life to the fullest... Enjoy the love of your children... Love your spouse... Drink a mai-tai every now and then... Thats how things should be...






SUMMERTIME
Remember anticipating summertime as a kid? How we couldnt sit still on the last day of school because we knew we'd be OUT for 3 whole months? I remember that summer meant babysitting lil sis and being at home all day by ourselves...WOOHOO NO PARENTS!! I recall sleepovers, beach parties, and never wearing anything but a bathing suit ALL summer! And then the dreaded day would come when we'd have to go to bed early again so we could go back to school. I never could sleep on the night before school started. Right up until I graduated I'd be so nervous that sleep just wouldnt come. But now that I think about it...was it nerves or was it just that I was winding down? I always hated the end of summer! And now? I hate the thought of summer ending MORE than EVER! Why you say? Because this year I have the brats. They start school on August 10th and I AM SCARED! I admit it...I am terrified. We've had such a big summer this year...we've jet ski'd and swam and got sunburnt and *tubed the hooch* . We've done it ALL! We visited BabyLand General where we adopted 2 newborn cabbage patch babies. We strolled around Cherokee, NC, went to Nashville, TN. And now...it's coming to an end. 2 weeks until school, 2 months until the leaves start changing colors, before we know it we'll be celebrating Thanksgiving and Christmas! So...I'd like to have a moment of silence to grieve for the waning summertime...
Written for the Carnival of the Blogging Chicks Summer Theme
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

At 7/27/2006 04:14:00 PM, Blogger Tonya said...

When I was a child it seemed like summer lasted forever. Now it flies by.

I'm really nervous this year because my oldest starts 6th grade, which means going to a new school with every 6th grader in town. My youngest starts 3rd grade, the hardest grade of elementary school. The teachers here hit them HARD in the 3rd grade. I'm scared she's not ready.

In the meantime, we're heading out on vacation this weekend and intend to eke out every last bit of summer fun.    



At 8/01/2006 02:39:00 AM, Blogger Zeus said...

Personally, I will be very grateful when summer is over because of two big reasons: 1) The temperature will go down, and I can sleep on the couch again and not the tiles in the kitchen and 2) My human pet will be back at work and not in my business!    



» Post a Comment