MoMmY nEeDsA mAi-tAi !!!

Live life to the fullest... Enjoy the love of your children... Love your spouse... Drink a mai-tai every now and then... Thats how things should be...





Monday Memories

MONDAY MEMORY
Precious Memories
As I travel down life's pathway
Know not what the years may hold
As I ponder, hope grows fonder
Precious memories flood my soul
Precious father, loving mother
Glide across the lonely years
And old home's scenes of my childhood
Infond memories appears
Precious memories, how they linger
How they ever flood my soul
In the stillness of the midnight
Precious sacred scenes unfold
*as sung by EmmyLou Harris
Ahh...Memories! Today I want to remember growing up in a house full of aunts and grandparents (and mom, of course). For starters...my mom was super young when she got pregnant with me...14. She was still in school and still at home with my grandma and granddad. So basically, I was just raised as gma and gpa's youngest daughter. I can remember my aunts making me play school and house and blaming things on me! (My youngest aunt is only 5 yrs. older than me) I remember my aunt Sue Sue (pet name I had for her and STILL call her) making me eat used coffee grounds! Ha...we were talking about that the other day LOL!! I remember my aunt Lisa making me eat spaghettio's that had so much salt on them that it would have probably choked a horse! I can remember my aunt JoAnn very nearly giving my grandma a heart attack while she was giving me a bath, JoAnn threw a dead snake on her back! I remember my aunt Catrina was supposed to be babysitting me, and she left me at the neighbors so she could sneak off with her boyfriend! I remember my aunt Tracy running off to Kentucky to get married when she was 15. The sad thing is...I dont have any memories of my mom when I was that little. I can remember all my aunts doing things with me, bicycle rides to the park, swimming, playing outside...I just dont know what my mom was doing :( Let me clarify that I still to this day do not have the best relationship with my mom. She has always made it pretty clear that I was a mistake. This is why I call my grandparents Momma and Papa. In my eyes, they are my parents. My papa loves to tell me the story about how I wouldnt go to sleep unless he took me for a ride in his ford torrino, or unless my uncle mikey walked me around L-Lake (in south florida). One year for easter, the "easter bunny" aka grandma (LOL) filled up a tonka dump truck with candy for my uncle mikey. I proceeded to dump the candy out and plop my butt IN and whined until he pushed me around. This became a ritual every day. I have pics, I will try to find and post if I can. Anyways, I feel like I'm rambling. I just love remembering the past. I was a super lucky kid, I had lots of people to love me and care for me, and to this day I'm considered "little sister". Like I always say, my family is the "happiest dysfunctional family" that I know!!
BTW...my grandma and I went and seen "The Lady in the Water" last night. It was definetely interesting! If you've seen "The Village" then you know that M. Night Shalayman (sp?) has a strange imagination. This movie lives up to it. From the previews we saw, we thought it would be scary, but...it was more fairy taleish. It was still good. Not my favorite, but it was ok. Next I wanna go see My Super X Girlfriend and Talladega Nights and The Devil Wears Prada...I love movies!
G'night ya'll :) Sweet dreams!
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

At 7/26/2006 12:32:00 AM, Blogger Mama Duck said...

Wonderful!!    



At 7/27/2006 04:11:00 PM, Blogger Tonya said...

That's awesome that you have such great memories even though you don't have the best relationship with your mom.

My husband was adopted at birth, his adoptive parents divorced, and his dad is on his third marriage. He doesn't have great memories from his childhood. Too much fighting between the adoptive parents about custody and things.

You are blessed to have such a wonderful family!    



At 8/01/2006 02:37:00 AM, Blogger Zeus said...

Memories of times like those are the best thing in the world. I have very fond memories myself growing up: riding on my human pet's shoulder as a kitten while she walked everywhere in the apartment, being the only one found to be adorable in her eyes (until my atrocious sister, Isis, came along), and of course, biting her ex's hand when he came back to get his "forgotten coat". Thanks to me, he never came back!

It sounds to me like you are very blessed indeed! Oh, and Miss Wendy directed me here, but I am going to keep reading if that is fine by you, Miss Samantha!    



At 8/27/2006 11:11:00 PM, Blogger Kelly Curtis said...

Great memories!    



» Post a Comment