MoMmY nEeDsA mAi-tAi !!!

Live life to the fullest... Enjoy the love of your children... Love your spouse... Drink a mai-tai every now and then... Thats how things should be...





mommy hangover/american idol/grey's anatomy

Man, talk about a hectic Sunday! We had everyone over for a cook-out yesterday. The bad thing is, no one left until pretty late. This resulted in two things; since I've not been working, I've been used to going to bed at a decent hour, but last night, since it was late when everyone left, I still had to get the girls to bed (2 hours later than they're used to), clean up, and wash some laundry, so it was way late when I went to bed, and now I have what I call a mommy hangover LOL Result number two, you ask? The girls didnt get in bed until way late either, so guess who I couldnt make get out of bed this morning? Yup, you guessed it, the girls!! So they're playing hookie from school today. Dont tell, okay? LOL Since they're only in headstart, there arent a certain amount of days they're allowed to miss. When they get in kindergarten, they'll only be allowed like 8 absences or something, unless they have a doctor's excuse.

Do any of ya'll like American Idol? I never really got into it before, but this time around I have watched every audition show and I cant wait for the regular show to begin. My question is this: If you KNEW you couldnt sing, that you sounded like a grizzly bear on crack, would YOU still go up there in front of Paula Abdul, Simon Cowell, and Randy Jackson? No sir, not me buddy! They are freaking HARSH!! Some of those poor people just had to know that they werent right for the show...I would think.

I watched Grey's Anatomy last Thursday night. It was very riveting! I cannot wait until this Thursday when they show the continuance. The whole show brought tears to my eyes!!!

Well, this is enough for now, the girls are just dying for a snack LOL *hugs to you all*
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

At 2/12/2007 10:15:00 AM, Blogger Heather said...

I read an article about how they do the pre-auditions for AI. They gather people in a stadium and have tents set up where 3 miscellaneous judges audition 4 people at a time. If you are really good or really bad, you get a pass to audition in front of Paula, Randy and Simon. The singers who are just pretty good are the ones who get screwed if you ask me. I can just imagine these random judges telling people they sound great and that the judges will love them only to have Simon shred them to pieces the second they walk in.

I don't blame you for keeping the girls home. If they're like my kids, they'd have been real peaches when they got home from school. Our kids have a 4 day weekend coming up and maybe a snow day on Wednesday. they're already excited about it.    



At 2/12/2007 12:40:00 PM, Blogger Katherine said...

I watch AI and the audition part completely annoys me. Do these people not have family and friends? How sad they have no one in their life that will tell them the truth about their singing. Instead, the have to be humilated on national TV. I love Grey's Anatomy!    



» Post a Comment