food for thought
For Those Who Thought They Knew Everything...
- No piece of paper can be folded in half more than seven times.
- Donkeys kill more people annually than plane crashes.
- You burn more calories sleeping than you do watching television.
- Oak trees do not produce acorns until they are fifty years of age or older.
- The first product to have a bar code was Wrigley's Gum.
- The King of Hearts is the only King WITHOUT A MUSTACHE.
- American Airlines saved $40,000 in 1987 by eliminating one olive from each salad served in first class.
- Venus is the only planet that rotates clockwise. (Since Venus is normally associated with women, what does this tell you!)
- Apples, not caffeine, are more efficient at waking you up in the morning.
- Most dust particles in your house are made from DEAD SKIN!
- The first owner of the Marlboro Company died of Lung cancer. So did the first "Marlboro Man"
- Walt Disney was afraid of MICE!
- Pearls MELT in vinegar!
- The three most valuable brand names on earth? Marlboro, Coca Cola, and Budweiser, in that order.
- It is possible to lead a cow upstairs...but, not downstairs. (Umm...who wants to try?)
- A duck's quack doesn't echo, and no one knows why.
- Dentists have recommended that a toothbrush be kept at least 6 feet away from a toilet to avoid airborne particles resulting from the flush. (OMG thats NASTY!)
- Turtles can breathe through their butts. (I know some people like that, dont YOU?)
A Newborn's Conversation with God
A baby asked God, "They tell me you are sending me to earth tomorrow, but how am I going to live there being so small and helpless?"
God said, "Your angel will be waiting for you and will take care of you."
The child further inquired, "But tell me, here in heaven, I don't have to do anything but sing and smile to be happy."
God said, "Your angel will sing for you and will also smile for you. And you will feel your angel's love and be very happy."
Again the child asked, "And how am I going to be able to understand when people talk to me if I dont know the language?"
God said, "Your angel will tell you the most beautiful and sweet words you will ever hear, and with much patience and care, your angel will teach you how to speak."
"And what am I going to do when I want to talk to you?"
God said, "Your angel will place your hands together and will teach you how to pray."
"Who will protect me?"
God said, "Your angel will defend you even if it means risking its life."
"But I will always be sad because I will not see you anymore."
God sad, "Your angel will always talk to you about Me and will teach you the way to come back to Me, even though I will always be next to you."
At that moment there was much peace in Heaven, but voices from Earth could be heard and the child hurriedly asked, "God, if I am to leave now, please tell me my angel's name."
God said, "You will simply call her, "Mom."
Is that not the greatest story? I loved it! Well, I'll give you some more tomorrow :) I hope you all enjoy these things as much as I do! *hugs* Goodnight!