MoMmY nEeDsA mAi-tAi !!!

Live life to the fullest... Enjoy the love of your children... Love your spouse... Drink a mai-tai every now and then... Thats how things should be...








Thirteen Songs I Sing to My Girls at Bedtime!

1. You are my sunshine
You Are My Sunshine
My only sunshine.
You make me happy When skies are grey.
You'll never know, dear, How much I love you.
Please don't take my sunshine away

2. Amazing Grace
"Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,That saved a wretch like me....
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind, but now, I see.
T'was Grace that taught...my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear...the hour I first believed.
Through many dangers, toils and snares...we have already come.
T'was Grace that brought us safe thus far...and Grace will lead us home.
The Lord has promised good to me...
His word my hope secures.
He will my shield and portion be...as long as life endures.
When we've been here ten thousand years...bright shining as the sun.
We've no less days to sing God's praise...then when we've first begun. "Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me....
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind, but now, I see.

3. Hush Little Baby
Hush little baby, dont say a word
Momma's gonna buy you a mockingbird
If that mockingbird doesnt sing
Momma's gonna buy you a diamond ring
If that diamond turns to brass
Momma's gonna buy you a looking glass
And if that looking glass should break
Momma's gonna love you anyway

4. Jesus Loves Me
Jesus loves me,
this I know,
for the Bible tells me so
Little ones to him belong
They are weak,
But he is strong
Yes Jesus loves me
Yes Jesus loves me
Yes Jesus loves me
The Bible tells me so


5. America the Beautiful
O beautiful for spacious skies,
For amber waves of grain,
For purple mountain majesties Above the fruited plain!
America! America!
God shed his grace on thee
And crown thy good with brotherhood
From sea to shining sea!

6. This Little Light of Mine
This little light of mine,
I'm going to let it shine.
This little light of mine,
I'm going to let it shine.
This little light of mine,
I'm going to let it shine,
Every day, every day,
Every day, every day,
Gonna let my little light shine.


7. "Fishin' in the Dark"
Lazy yellow moon comin up tonite,
Shinin thru the trees,
Crickets are singin and lightning bugs
Are floatin on the breeze
Baby get ready.....
Across the field where the creek turns back by the ole stump road
Im gonna take you to a special place that nobody knows
Baby get ready.....
ooooooooooo
You and me going fishing in the dark,
Lying on our backs and counting the stars
Where the cool grass grows.
Down by the river in the full moon light,
Well be fallin in love in the middle of the night
Just movin slow...
Stayin the whole night thru,
feels so good to be with you...
Spring is almost over and the summers come
And the days are gettin long
Waited all winter for the time to be right, just to take you along
Baby get ready.....
And it dont matter if we sit forever and the fish dont bite
Jump in the river and cool ourselves from the heat of the night
Baby get ready.....
ooooooooooo.
Repeat the chorus (x3)
You and me going fishin in the dark!

8. Rockaby baby
Rock-a-bye, baby In the treetop
When the wind blows
The cradle will rock
When the bough breaks
The cradle will fall
And down will come baby
Cradle and all

9. Blue Moon
Blue moon
You saw me standing alone
Without a dream in my heart
Without a love of my own

10. The barney song
I love you
You love me
we're a happy family
with a great big hug
and a kiss from me to you
wont you say you love me too

11. MMMBOP
Mmmbop, ba duba dopBa du bop, ba dubadopBa du bop, ba duba dopBa duMmmbop, ba dubadopBa du bop, Ba du dopBa du bop, Ba du dopBadu


12. Silent Night (isnt that fitting for a "going to sleep" child? LOL)
Silent night, holy nightAll is calm, all is brightRound yon Virgin Mother and ChildHoly Infant so tender and mildSleep in heavenly peaceSleep in heavenly peace


13. Keep on the Sunny Side
Keep on the sunny side
always on the sunny side
keep on the sunny side of life...


Ha...well, there ya have it, my girls love music and these are just a FEW of the songs they make me sing...if they hear it and like it, it's a sure bet they'll make me sing it at night night time!!!



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!





« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

At 7/20/2006 04:32:00 AM, Blogger *~*Michelle*~* said...

Those are great songs! My DD sings the theme song to Sponge Bob, lol!    



At 7/20/2006 09:32:00 AM, Blogger Dane Bramage said...

Great songs. My neice (6 yrs old) is quiet as a mouse in school and church but at home she sings like she's the only person in the world!    



At 7/20/2006 01:55:00 PM, Blogger Susan said...

This is a fun list. I might have to borrow it sometime. There were a couple I didn't know...otherwise I have sung most to my own kids at one time or another. Music is so important to them...

My TT is up here.    



At 7/20/2006 02:17:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great songs!

I altered Rock a bye baby cause I was afraid it would put my kids in therapy.

Rock a bye baby on the tree top
when the wind blows the cradle will rock
when the bough breaks, the cradle will fall, but I will catch you baby cradle and all.

My husband thinks I am insane for changing the lyrics, but oh well.

I love mmbop!!

Great TT!!    



At 7/20/2006 10:12:00 PM, Blogger Tracie Nall said...

Awww too sweet!!

I have to admit that I don't sing Rock a Bye Baby.....too disturbing! :)

My TT is up!    



At 7/24/2006 12:19:00 AM, Blogger Mama Duck said...

Great songs!!    



» Post a Comment